Note that the parent project has since been renamed, including its binaries.
Somehow I haven’t been in the best mood for coding as of late. And yet it hasn’t stopped me from making progress on my pet projects. (Stupid GitHub streaks.)
The latest changes in degesch include:
The user can set a server password, which has been successfully tested on the Gitter IRC gateway (I’ve also sent them a quick patch fixing some of their protocol implementation but the maintainers seem to not care about the project too much).
We’re finally parsing RPL_NAMREPLY. Which means that nickname autocompletion is finally working after all this time! Up until now we were only finishing nicknames of recently joined users.
Another thing we’re finally processing is RPL_ISUPPORT. This is essentially a series of messages sent by the server upon connecting to tell the client in which ways it deviates from the original RFC. At the moment we only extract channel user modes and prefixes.
Changes in channel modes are finally showing up in buffers. We’re still yet to apply them to our model, though.
I’ve also added quick and dirty implementations of the most commonly used user actions. The code still needs a lot of cleaning up as well as other care and I’m not exactly sure how to go about it yet.
All in all, the client slowly starts being at least remotely usable. Unfortunately it’s no longer as fun as it used to be and I’m being torn apart from various directions to try some other cool stuff.
Use e-mail, webchat, or the form below. I'll also pick up on new HN, Lobsters, and Reddit posts.